Welcome to Notre Dame Elementary
Notre Dame Elementary School is located in Bonnyville currently offering English and French programming to 450 students from preschool to grade 4. All staff model strong Christian qualities, characteristics and values. With dedicated staff, we strive to provide the very best for students’ social, emotional, physical, spiritual and academic growth. We are funded by Alberta Education and follow the Alberta Program of Studies.
“Let your Light Shine”.
Through hard work, compassion, respect, cooperation, and determination we will ensure success for ALL.
Why Catholic Schools?
Our superintendent’s message gives an excellent overview of our philosophy as a Catholic district and the advantages of having your child educated in a Christian environment.
- Balanced literacy
- Dual track: English and French Immersion
- We are proud to be an official Tribes School and use the Tribes Process
- Award winning Moral Intelligence/Anti-bullying Program
- Full-time Kindergarten program
- Integrated technology programs, that support 21st century learning
- French Monitor to support our Immersion program
- Music and Physical Education Programs
- Family Outreach Worker
- Reading Intervention Teacher
- Canadian Parents for French Chapter
- Wide variety of support for children with special needs
- Classroom Support Teacher
- Edmonton Regional Educational Consultants
- Monthly Assemblies connected to Moral Intelligence
- Cultural Performances
- Education Week Activities
- Family Literacy Evenings
- Class and Whole School Religious Celebrations
- Academic Presentations
- Christmas and Spring Concerts
- Community Service and Social Action Projects
- Two book fairs yearly
- Regular author, storyteller, illustrator and reader visits.
- School Spirit Days
- One half-time Family Outreach Worker to help students with personal issues
- Classroom Support Teacher to help with classroom instructional strategies, especially for students with special needs
- Full-time librarian
- Information available from school administration in both English and French
- Liaisons with child services, justice, mental health, FCSS