Young children see the world differently than older students and adults, and learn best through direct sensory experience. Lakeland Catholic offers a kindergarten program which helps prepare students for the exciting future in our education system through play-based instruction where they are constantly manipulating, exploring, and experimenting with real objects. Our kindergarten students learn by doing, moving and talking.
Lakeland Catholic’s faith-based inclusive full day Kindergarten program is available to students 5 years of age on or before December 31 of the school year they will be starting Kindergarten. Programs are delivered in English and French Immersion.
Program Delivery Times:
Mondays to Friday, during regular school hours.
Benefits of our Kindergarten Programs:
- Catholic-Christian education for all students.
- Certified teachers who are highly skilled and experienced in current professional practices.
- Learning through purposeful play.
- Moral Intelligence program and values teaching.
- Integration of fine arts.
- Rich oral language opportunities.
- Contracted services for Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Family Outreach Workers, Early Learning Consultant, and Behavioural Assistants.
- Strong literacy programs based on most current research and practice.
- Publicly-funded – ALL children are welcome.
- SMART board technology in all classrooms.
- Laptops available for students in every classroom.
- Programming for all children, which provides targeted learning support in an inclusive setting.